|"promoting excellence every day
through knowledge and compassion"
POLICY, PROCEDURE AND PRODUCTS COMMITTEE
Overview | Responsibilities | 2015 Accomplishments | 20016 Goals | CG Policy, Procedure & Products Champions
Committee on Diversity and Inclusion
Ethics in Clinical Practice
Policy, Procedure and Products
Quality and Safety
Research and Evidence-Based Practice
At the SAFER Fair, champions tested the knowledge the knowledge of staff on new products, procedures and references to support them in delivering safe, evidence-based practice.
Champions heard a presentation on MESAC Restructuring/Pharmacy Updates fromJackie Mac Cormack-Gagnon, RPh. The committee will now be called the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Safety Committee and will have various committees which will have membership from clinicians and leadership including PP&P leadership. Given how closely nursing and pharmacy depends on each other the new structure will allow improved communication and collaboration.
Champions are brainstorming a name change for the committee to better reflect its work on practice. A recommendation will be sent to Gaurdia Banister, RN, Executive Director, Institute for Patient Care.
- Reviewed and approved over 25 nursing procedures.
- Collaborated with PCS Quality on Safety in reviewing the Blood transfusion guidelines
- Provided feedback to quality and safety and PCS Informatics staff on practice and safety issues related to Epic roll-out, pre and post.
- Worked with Materials Management on decisions around new products, such as: tourniquets, syringes, gowns and gloves, tape.
- Worked with pharmacy to align medication policies to reflect nursing practice and patient assessment issues.
Change the committees name to the Clinical Practice Committee in order to better reflect the work and purpose of the committee.
Identify and address common practice concerns across the various practice settings.
Collaborate with Research and Evidence-based Committee champions as well as CNSs and NPSs to ensure procedures are evidence based.
return to top
Meets the 2nd Tuesday of the month from 1-3:00 pm in the Sweet Room, Gray/Bigelow 432
James Bradley, RN, Staff Nurse, Ellison 7
Kristen Kingsley, RN, Staff Nurse, Bigelow 9
Lillian Ananian, RN, CNS, Blake 7
Barbara Cashavelly, RN Nursing Director, Lunder 9
Lynn Fitzgerald-Scannell, Nursing Administration & Support Services
CG Policy, Procedure & Products Champions
POLICY, PROCEDURE AND PRODUCTS COMMITTEE OVERVIEW
The Patient Care Services Policy, Procedure and Products sub-Committee reviews and approves policies and procedures to ensure they are appropriately vetted and evidence-based. Champions review and approve products that are brought into the practice environment, including the plan for product roll-out. Champions should have an interest in influencing how the policies and procedures that guide practice are reviewed and implemented. They should also have an interest in being involved in the decisions to purchase and trial products in the clinical area. return to top
- Enhance professional development.
- Engage in joint projects with other Collaborative Governance committees.
- Align the work of the committee with PCS strategic goals. return to top